Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
CheckTLS.com supports the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet. CheckTLS.com does not actively monitor usage of our tests. However, CheckTLS.com reserves the right to remove access to individuals that, in CheckTLS.com's sole discretion, are potentially illegal, may subject CheckTLS.com to liability, or violate this Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy"). Users must abide by the terms and conditions of their Internet Provider's Acceptable Use Policy, while using the CheckTLS.com service.
CheckTLS.com reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrong. Activities, which are in violation of any local, state or federal laws, statutes, regulations, treaties and/or tariffs, would constitute a flagrant violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.
Activities which are prohibited as potentially illegal include, but are not limited to:
- Using the CheckTLS.com service to cause harm or disrupt the service of others.
- The attempt to access the accounts of others or other computers and/or networks to penetrate security measures, whether or not the intrusion results in damage.
System and Network Security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. CheckTLS.com will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected.
Examples of system or network security violations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network. This would include use of sniffers.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail.
- You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account ("cracking"). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks.
- Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
- You may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network ("denial of service attacks"). This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. CheckTLS.com will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
- Distributing viruses to and from CheckTLS.com systems.
- Engaging in any of the above activities using the service of another provider but channeling such activities through a CheckTLS.com account or re-mailer, or using a CheckTLS.com account as a mail drop for responses.
The Internet is known as a "shared resource", and CheckTLS.com accounts operate using these resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one user may have a negative impact on all other users. Misuse of network resources in a manner, which impairs network performance, is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your access.
You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs, which negatively impact other users or the performance of CheckTLS.com systems or networks. CheckTLS.com reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.
CheckTLS.com has no practical ability to restrict all conduct, or communications which might violate this Policy prior to its transmission on CheckTLS.com's systems, nor can CheckTLS.com ensure prompt removal of any such communications or content after transmission or posting. Accordingly, CheckTLS.com does not assume liability to subscribers or others for any failure to enforce the terms of this Policy.
Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
CheckTLS.com reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time. Notice of modifications to this Policy may be given to subscribers by posting such changes to the CheckTLS.com home page (http://www.CheckTLS.com).